Since the state of emergency has been declared in several California counties due to the effects of the 6.0 magnitude earthquake in Napa Valley, Anthem members are receiving extra help to get the care that they need.
The counties that were impacted the most by the aftershocks of the massive earthquake are Napa, Solana, and Sonoma.
The extra help that these Anthem members will be receiving are as follows:
· Affected members can see any physician necessary to provide them access to care.
· All urgent care and emergency claims will be paid as in-network, even if health care provider is not in network.
· Anyone who are on a prescription drug plan who have lost or damaged medication can no get refills at any pharmacy.
· Medical equipment can be replaced if it was lost or damaged.
· Claims filing deadlines will be extended.
These guidelines will be in effect from now until September 8, 2014, but could be extended if there is a need too.
If you have any further questions regarding these guidelines given out to Anthem members please call your Anthem representative, or feel free to call us at Mitchell & Mitchell at 1-888-512-8878.